The focus of this role is on achieving results which are aligned with the larger growth opportunities of the Company and its strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the Company’s performance objectives. Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the role requires innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions.
The CEO will be required to accomplish tasks quickly and handle a variety of activities. Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others, is essential. a leadership style that is firm and goal oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way, is important. The emphasis on building rapport an relationships with individuals and groups (both within the Company and externally) requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style.
Because the pace of business at the Company is faster than average, the ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical. The scope of this role will require effective delegation to proven people, and the mentoring and development of unproven people with growth potential, as well as efficient follow up to ensure tasks and projects are completed in a timely fashion.
While this role requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement are expected in this position. The emphasis is on results, and effective systems that achieve results through and with people, rather than on the details of implementation.
The Company’s business environment is flexible, constantly changing and provides growth opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results.
The CEO shall report directly to the Board of Directors of the Company (“the Board”) or as otherwise directed by the Board.
The CEO shall be accountable for the effective overall management of the Company, and for conformity with policies agreed upon by the Board. The CEO shall have full responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Company’s business in accordance with the Company’s strategic plan and current year operating and capital expenditure budgets, as approved by the Board.
The approval of the Board shall be required for all significant decisions outside of the ordinary course of the Company’s business, including financings, acquisitions, dispositions, budges and capital expenditures.
The primary accountabilities of the CEO are:
- Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and encourages individual integrity;
- Maintaining a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating top-quality employees at all levels;
- Developing a long term strategy and vision for the Company that leads to the creation of shareholder value;
- Developing an annual operating plan and financial budget that support the Company’s long-term strategy;
- Ensuring that the day-to-day business affairs of the Company are appropriately managed by developing and implementing processes that will ensure the achievement of the Company’s financial and operating goals and objectives;
- Designing or supervising the design and implementation of effective internal controls;
- Formulating and overseeing the implementation of major corporate policies;
- Keeping the Board aware of the Company’s performance and events affecting its business, including opportunities in the marketplace and adverse or positive developments;
- Serving as the chief spokesperson for the Company and establishing the Company’s communications framework and strategy;
- Ensuring that the Company has an effective management team below the level of the CEO, and has an active plan for its development and succession;
- Ensuring that there is clarity of objectives and focus for all employees